Monday, June 22, 2015

Provincetown



We had a fine day in Provincetown it was sunny and beautiful all day with temperatures in the 70’s. I really felt at home there because there were so many women that looked like me. It was similar to the feeling I get when I attend a gay pride parade only without the extreme behaviors and costumes. I felt safe and accepted, almost celebrated. Women were making eye contact with me smiling and nodding their heads. I loved it. So many women that looked like me, with short hair and comfortable clothes. And no fear of being called names; queer, tomboy, she-male, dyke, butch, or having to tell the clerk I am NOT a boy/man/sir. I have been “not passing” my whole life. I look like a freak dressed up for Halloween when I wear a dress. I think I will move to Provincetown for the summer.
Provincetown Harbor
Provincetown Bike Rental Company 
Ferry boat ride with daily commuters 
Provincetown Shop
Boston Harbor

No comments:

Post a Comment